Conor McGregor clarifies aunt didn’t die from COVID-19

UFC star Conor McGregor has clarified that his aunt did not die from the coronavirus after previously suggesting as such on social media.

On Friday, the Irishman paid tribute to his relative and expressed his concerns about the continued spread of COVID-19, the disease caused by the coronavirus, across the world in an Instagram post.

The 31-year-old opened up on his heartbreak at hearing the news and said: “My poor little friendly loving auntie. This stupid f****** virus. What the f*** is happening.”

McGregor then posted another message to explain his close relative did not die as a result of contracting the respiratory illness.

Alongside an image of his aunt holding him as a child, McGregor said: “I want to clear up that it has been confirmed she was not a victim of coronavirus.

I am grateful for the kind wishes and sympathy for my Auntie’s passing. I want to clear up that it has been confirmed she was not a victim of coronavirus. As we prepare for her funeral I know that many of us will confront the virus in the weeks ahead As I gather with my family I ask you all to make an extra effort to be there for friends and family during the stressful days ahead And from my family, thank you for your support at this sad time 

A post shared by Conor McGregor Official (@thenotoriousmma) on

“I am grateful for the kind wishes and sympathy for my auntie’s passing.

“As we prepare for her funeral, I know that many of us will confront the virus in the weeks ahead.

“As I gather with my family, I ask you all to make an extra effort to be there for friends and family during the stressful days ahead.”

Source: Read Full Article