MMA fighter, 33, dies and wife hospitalised after suspected food poisoning
An MMA fighter has died from suspected food poisoning, it has been reported.
Alexander Pisarev died suddenly in his sleep, according to the Russian outlet Pravda. It adds that his wife was rushed to hospital in an ambulance some time later.
The fighter, aged 33, had reportedly been vomiting before his death. The same outlet carries reports that the father of the star claimed they they both ate watermelon before they fell ill.
READ MORE: UFC star's knee ligament 'snaps like rubber band' as Brit Arnold Allen extends win streak
Pisarev lived in an apartment in Balashikha with his wife and father – Igor Vladimirovich – who returned home after walking the family dog when he reportedly stumbled across his son no longer breathing, it says.
Vladimirovich told SHOT: "I returned from a walk with the dog at about four o’clock and called my son to dinner. In response, silence.
"I went into the room – Alexander and his wife were sleeping. I came closer – and it turned out that my son was no longer breathing. His wife was also taken away in an ambulance.
He added: "There were fractures of the fingers after the last fights, but this is nothing. We all eat the same food, we live together." An autopsy will determine the exact cause of death, the report concludes.
Pisarev was considered a champion in Moscow and was even the finalist of the European Championship in MMA. His career record was five fights and three wins. He also wrestled in Fight Nights and RCC promotions.
His cause of death will be announced via an autopsy and the athlete will be cremated, as per reports.
- Saucy Paige VanZant leaves fans drooling in raunchy cop outfit for Halloween
- Conor McGregor claims he weighs more than Tyson Fury as heavyweight bulk continues
- Jake Paul's latest bizarre bet throws Dana White under the bus before Anderson Silva bout
Source: Read Full Article