Wimbledon order of play with Djokovic and Norrie in action
Wimbledon order of play: Defending champion Novak Djokovic is up first on Centre Court as he takes on Jannik Sinner for a place in the final four… as Britain’s Cameron Norrie looks to reach his first Grand Slam semi-final
- Defending champion Novak Djokovic gets the action underway on Centre Court
- The No 1 seed takes on a high-flying Jannik Sinner for a place in the semi-final
- Britain’s Cameron Norrie will also be in action on Court 1 later this afternoon
- The 26-year-old is playing for a place in his first-ever Grand Slam semi-final
The action at SW19 continues as Novak Djokovic and Cameron Norrie take centre stage on Wimbledon Day Nine.
Day Eight saw Rafael Nadal progress to the quarter-finals with a straight-sets victory over a stubborn Botic van de Zandschulp, with a last-eight clash to come against Taylor Fritz on Wednesday.
There were also victories for Nick Kyrgios, who beat Brandon Nakashima in a five-set thriller, and Simona Halep, who breezed past fourth seed Paula Badosa to become the last remaining Grand Slam winner in the women’s singles draw.
Defending champion Novak Djokovic will get the action underway on Centre Court today
Britain’s Cameron Norrie will look to cement a semi-final spot at a Grand Slam for the first time
Defending champion Djokovic will get the action underway on Centre Court as he takes on a high-flying Jannik Sinner for a place in the semi-final, in what is expected to be a thrilling match-up.
Following Djokovic on Centre Court will be third seed Ons Jabeur, who is yet to drop a set en route to the quarter-finals, as she takes on unseeded Marie Bouzkova.
Britain’s Norrie will look to cement a place in a Grand Slam semi-final for the first time as he takes on David Goffin this afternoon on Court 1. The ninth seed had previously never gone beyond the third round at a Slam.
Sportsmail takes you through the day’s order of play – and how to follow the action – below.
As usual, it’s the BBC who will broadcast the Wimbledon action, with viewers able to watch on BBC One, BBC Two and the BBC Red Button.
The action on every court will be available to watch, with viewers able to stream the coverage via BBC iPlayer and both the BBC Sport website and app.
Additionally, BBC Two will provide daily highlights on their ‘Today at Wimbledon’ show.
Sportsmail will be covering Day Nine in full, so you can follow along with us.
Order of play for Tuesday, July 5
Centre Court (1.30pm start)
- Novak Djokovic (1) vs Jannik Sinner (10)
- Marie Bouzkova vs Ons Jabeur (3)
Also on Centre Court today is third seed Ons Jabeur as she bids for a place in the semi-final
Court 1 (1pm start)
- Tatjana Maria vs Jule Niemeier
- David Goffin vs Cameron Norrie (9)
Court 2 (11am start)
- Nicole Melichar & Ellen Perez (10) vs Barbora Krejcikova & Katerina Siniakova (2)
- Matthew Ebden & Samantha Stosur vs Jonny O’Mara & Alicia Barnett
British pair Jonny O’Mara (right) and Alicia Barnett (left) also feature in their quarter-final clash
Court 3 (1.30pm start)
- Shuko Aoyama & Hao-Ching Chan (8) vs Lyudmyla Kichenok & Jelena Ostapenko (4)
- Kevin Krawietz & Andreas Mies (11) vs Nikola Mektic & Mate Pavic (2)
Court 12 (1.30pm start)
- Juan Sebastian Cabal & Robert Farah (6) vs Denis Kudla & Jack Sock
- Robert Farah & Jelena Ostapenko (7) vs Neal Skupski & Desirae Krawczyk (2)
Share this article
Source: Read Full Article