Man Utd star Martial could miss rest of season as Solskjaer offers update
Don’t wait around for updates – sign up for our daily football email newsletter today!
Manchester United star Anthony Martial could be out for the rest of the season as Ole Gunnar Solskjaer has given an update.
The Frenchman left fans worried when he hobbled off the pitch during France's 2-0 World Cup qualifier win over Kazakhstan last month.
Manager Didier Deschamps said there was a "small issue" with the 25-year-old's knee after the game – but Solskjaer has suggested the news is a lot worse.
Speaking on MUTV ahead of the club's Premier League fixture against Brighton, the boss said: "Unfortunately, he sprained his knee with France.
"It’s always when they go away on internationals… you can keep your fingers crossed and hope they come back fit.
"Paul [Pogba] has played in all three games, 30, 60, 90 minutes, so that was a boost for us.
"Losing Anthony for what might be the rest of the season is very disappointing, especially when reports from there [France] was that it wasn’t anything serious but it looks a bad one."
It was initially suspected that Martial would only miss the Brighton game and the Europa League quarter-final first leg against Granada next Thursday.
We'll be bringing you the very latest updates, pictures and video on this breaking news story as it unfolds.
For all the latest news, make sure you visit: dailystar.co.uk/sport/football
And you can stay up to date with all the must-see headlines, pictures, analysis, opinion and video on the stories that matter to you.
Don't forget to follow us on Twitter @DailyStar_Sport – the official Daily Star & dailystar.co.uk Sport Twitter account – providing real news in real time.
We're also on Facebook @DailyStarFootball – offering unmissable news, features, videos and pictures throughout the day for you to like, comment and share from the Daily Star, Daily Star on Sunday and dailystar.co.uk.
- Ole Gunnar Solskjaer
- Manchester United FC
Source: Read Full Article