Man United winger Antony denies Ingrid Lana assault allegation
Man United winger Antony denies Ingrid Lana assault allegation and publishes WhatsApp messages as he calls her a ‘fraudster’ and says they had ‘a single intimate and consensual’ meeting
- Ingrid Lana accused Antony of pushing her against a wall after trying to kiss her
- Manchester United and Brazil winger has hit back at her claims on Instagram
- He published screenshots of WhatsApp messages, allegedly with Lana
Manchester United footballer Antony has hit back at an assault allegation made by Ingrid Lana and published a series of WhatsApp messages in an attempt to discredit her.
Lana, a 33-year-old banker, alleged in an interview with Record TV in Brazil that Antony was aggressive towards her in October.
She accused the 23-year-old winger of pushing her against a wall after he tried to kiss her.
Antony is being investigated by police in Sao Paulo and Manchester after his ex-girlfriend Gabriela Cavallin accused him of assaulting her on four occasions. Antony has denied any wrongdoing.
Last Thursday, another two women in Brazil came forward to level accusations against the £85million player.
Manchester United winger Antony has hit back at an assault allegation made by Ingrid Lana
The Brazil and Manchester United winger published four screengrabs of a conversation – supposedly with Lana – as he hit back at her accusations
In another Instagram post, Antony wrote: ‘I don’t want to but I’m being forced to publish a small part of the WhatsApp conversations with Ingrid, which demonstrates that we only had a single meeting, intimate and consensual. ‘This matter with this fraudster will be resolved in court!!’
Law student Rayssa de Freitas claims that she needed hospital treatment following an incident in May of last year when she was attacked by Antony and Mallu Ohana – the ex-wife of Brazil player Dudu – in Antony’s Land Rover after the three left a Sao Paulo nightclub.
Lana then made her accusations against Antony in a TV interview. ‘He tried to have sex with me and I didn’t want to. He pushed me against the wall and I hit my head.’
United announced on Sunday that Antony will stay away from the club until further notice. He has not been suspended but placed on a leave of absence on full pay to give him time to defend himself against the claims.
Antony took to his Instagram account on Sunday night with a series of posts, including four screenshots of WhatsApp conversations, allegedly with Lana.
He also wrote: ‘I don’t want to but I’m being forced to publish a small part of the WhatsApp conversations with Ingrid, which demonstrates that we only had a single meeting, intimate and consensual.
‘This matter with this fraudster will be resolved in court!!’
In one of the messages, the person messaging Antony tells him ‘if you want I’ll wait in bed naked’.
In another Antony is upset the person has taken screenshots of their conversations, saying ‘I don’t find it cool, so please delete it.’
The DJ and influencer Gabriela Cavallin has made several allegations against Man United star
Cavallin filed a police report in Brazil in June and then spoke out during a television interview
In a statement to Brazilian news outlet Globo, Antony said: ‘I was chatting with Ingrid via WhatsApp. When she went to Portugal to go to her cousin’s birthday, she asked to come here to Manchester to meet me, with the clear intention of meeting me intimately, including asking me if I preferred red or white lingerie.
‘I bought a ticket and booked a hotel for her. In fact, I met her at the aforementioned hotel and we had an intimate and consensual encounter.
‘Although she insisted that we meet again for another intimate encounter, due to scheduling issues I was unable to see her again, as she returned to Brazil. Since then, I have never met her again.
‘All of this that I narrate now is undoubtedly proven in WhatsApp messages, which I just do not publish in full to preserve the right to privacy.
‘However, I will make available the appropriate channels, if necessary, to prove my innocence, as well as to propose the competent reparatory action and request for investigation.’
United’s decision, which follows discussions between chief executive Richard Arnold and manager Erik ten Hag, comes in the wake of Brazil’s decision to drop Antony from their squad for the World Cup qualifiers against Bolivia and Peru on Monday night.
Antony is facing allegations of domestic abuse but has not been arrested or charged and has maintained he has done nothing wrong
Brazil dropped Antony from their squad for their World Cup qualifiers against Bolivia and Peru
A statement read: ‘Manchester United acknowledges the allegations made against Antony. Players who have not participated in international matches are due back in training on Monday.
‘However, it has been agreed with Antony that he will delay his return until further notice in order to address the allegations.
‘As a club we condemn acts of violence and abuse. We recognise the importance of safeguarding all those involved in this situation, and acknowledge the impact these allegations have on survivors of abuse.’
The player said: ‘I have agreed with Manchester United to take a period of absence while I address the allegations made against me.
‘This was a mutual decision to avoid distraction to my teammates and unnecessary controversy for the club.
‘I want to reiterate my innocence of the things I have been accused of, and I will fully cooperate with the police to help them reach the truth. I look forward to returning to play as soon as possible.’
Source: Read Full Article