Jurgen Klopp reveals what he told Liverpool players after Leicester collapse

Jurgen Klopp says Liverpool’s seven-minute collapse against Leicester City on Saturday was unacceptable and criticised his side for how open they became at the back.

The Premier League champions dominated much of the match at the King Power Stadium and took a deserved lead in the second half through Mohamed Salah, though they imploded during a frantic spell towards the end of the game.

James Maddison drew the hosts level with a free-kick thanks to an intervention from VAR before new signing Ozan Kabak got in a mix up with Alisson which allowed Jamie Vardy to run the ball into an open goal.

As Liverpool sought an equaliser they left themselves exposed at the back, conceding a third goal to lose 3-1, and Klopp was not happy with the way in which the side unravelled after the first goal.

‘The game was really good then we concede these two goals,’ Klopp told BT Sport afterwards.

‘The third one obviously we lost the ball too easy, one pass and they are done. That’s something I don’t like because we were obviously much too open in that moment.

‘That’s really – I told the boys already – not OK. But that’s the situation we’re in.’

He continued: ‘We conceded a goal that was a really tough one to take. I know we discuss a lot about VAR but I think we all agree it was a turning point in the game.

‘I saw it now, a couple of times, the goal and the moment when they stop the situation where you look at who is offside he [Maddison] hadn’t even touched the ball yet. So that means it is still an individual decision of someone who decides if it is offside or not offside.

‘And that’s really hard because for me it looked like a clear offside in that moment because he has to touch the ball, that’s the moment when offside is yes or no.

‘And when I saw it now, and when Bobby’s foot should be a little bit closer than whatever they throw in there. That’s it. It was a turning point.

‘The second goal is a misunderstanding. We spoke about before that we need to get used to each other so we were used to each other until the goal happened, 75 minutes or so.’

Follow Metro Sport across our social channels, on Facebook, Twitter and Instagram.

For more stories like this, check our sport page.

Source: Read Full Article