Greenwood Man Utd latest emerges as Casemiro spat takes place
Ten Hag details meeting with Ratcliffe amid Man Utd bid
We use your sign-up to provide content in ways you’ve consented to and to improve our understanding of you. This may include adverts from us and 3rd parties based on our understanding. You can unsubscribe at any time. More info
Ahead of Manchester United’s clash with Fulham on Sunday, the Red Devils are in the spotlight. There have been reports on Mason Greenwood, Casemiro and Erik ten Hag emerging over the weekend so far. Express Sport now takes a look at all the latest coming out of the club…
Greenwood intends to marry pregnant partner
According to The Sun, Greenwood plans to marry his pregnant partner.
The England international, who hasn’t played for the Red Devils since January last year, was recently snapped out in London.
Greenwood has apparently told his family about his plans to get hitched.
United, after suspending Greenwood last year, are holding an internal investigation as they look to determine whether he’ll play for the club again.
His future remains uncertain, amid suggestions he’s talked with Ten Hag and his United team-mates in recent times.
Man Utd takeover: Man Utd making plans for five players
Paul Merson and Michael Dawson were involved in a Sky Sports spat on Saturday when discussing whether Casemiro should have received a red card against Southampton last week.
“Sometimes you’ve got to use common sense. Casemiro’s one, it’s a wet pitch, his foot has rolled over the ball. He hasn’t missed it. You can’t help that,” Merson said on Soccer Saturday.
“Any other day his studs are bang on the ball and he carries on and it will be alright.”
Dawson hit back, however, saying: ”But if he breaks his leg with the Alcaraz one…”
Merson responded by saying: “But he didn’t…”
Yet Dawson refused to drop the matter and said: “I know he didn’t Merse. But I just think that’s a red card, that’s my view.”
Qatar makes three promises as they eye Man Utd takeover
What Man Utd players think about Ten Hag’s treatment of Sancho
Benni McCarthy salary decision at Man Utd speaks volumes
Ten Hag contract decision
According to The Mirror, United want to tie Ten Hag down to a new contract.
The Dutchman penned a three-year deal with the option of a fourth back in the summer after replacing Ralf Rangnick.
But United chiefs are keen to tie the 53-year-old down, regardless of any potential takeover.
The Red Devils were a club in crisis when Ten Hag first arrived.
But the former Ajax boss has transformed the team in the time since, with United winning one trophy already while being in contention for two more.
Want the latest football news? Join our brand new Facebook group by clicking here
Tottenham told to block Man Utd deal for Kane
United are keen on signing Harry Kane this summer.
But Gabriel Agbonlahor, speaking to Football Insider, thinks Tottenham can’t allow that deal to happen.
“If I was Daniel Levy, I wouldn’t sell him,” he said. “What could they get? £70million maybe? It’s great money, but they’d be losing the spine of their whole team.
“There’s no way they can go out and get someone as good as Harry Kane.
“Keeping Harry Kane at the club would probably be their best chance of staying in the Champions League another season – and that is worth a lot of money.”
Ten Hag reveals Fulham injury concern
Speaking before United’s match with Fulham on Sunday, Ten Hag revealed Scott McTominay was a fresh doubt for the fixture.
“About the last game, that is why I didn’t bring him in, Scott McTominay, [as] he had some complaints,” he said.
“We have to see how that will progress in the coming hours and days.”
United are already without Casemiro, who is primed to miss the match through suspension.
But Marcel Sabitzer is fit again and is set to start alongside Fred in the middle of the park.
Source: Read Full Article