Benjamin Mendy says it was ‘so easy’ for him to meet up with women and have sex
For the latest from the pitch sign up for our football newsletter
We have more newsletters
Footballer Benjamin Mendy has told Chester Crown Court that is was 'so easy' to meet up with women for sex after joining Manchester City.
The 28-year-old, who denies seven counts of rape against four women, one count of attempted rape and one count of sexual assault, was asked while giving evidence this afternoon (November 7) how easy it was to meet women for sex.
He said while in the witness box: "Honestly, so easy," and added: "The way women were coming to me, I never had that before."
Mendy joined City from Monaco back in 2017 and made 75 appearances while winning three Premier League titles before he was charged and remanded him in custody by Cheshire Constabulary.
Having added that attention on him became '10 times more' after he joined City, Mendy continued: "Manchester City is one of the best teams in Europe. The way they came to me is not because of the way I look, it is because of football."
And said when asked if he enjoyed that attention: "Yeah I wouldn't say it was bad."
He concluded: "For me if they wanted to have sex and I wanted to, everything was fine. I would carry on my party."
Also on trial is Mendy’s friend Louis Saha Matturie, 41, who allegedly helped find young women for Mendy.
Saha Matturie denies six counts of rape and three counts of sexual assault, with allegations relating to seven different women.
Previously, Mendy was cleared of the rape of a 19-year-old woman, which was alleged to have occurred at his home in Prestbury.
Saha Matturie was also found not guilty of two counts of rape and one of sexual assault against the same woman.
Judge Stephen Everett ordered the jury to clear the two defendants of those counts by returning formal not guilty verdicts, after the prosecution offered no further evidence.
The offences in question are alleged to have taken place on five different occasions between October 2018 and August of last year at Mendy's Cheshire mansion.
Mendy joined City from Monaco for a reported £52million back in July of 2017, going on to win three Premier League titles having made 10 appearances for the France national side.
A jury of eight men and four women were sworn in for the trial in early August, which is expected to last for more than three months. The trial continues.
- Manchester City FC
- Benjamin Mendy
- Premier League
Source: Read Full Article