Tom Brady needs to relax
This is the Morning Win, by Andy Nesbitt.
Tom Brady is 43 years old. He’s a seven-time Super Bowl champ, having won his latest Lombardi Trophy just a few months ago on his new home field. And he’s also the GOAT.
And you know what he needs to do now? Relax a little bit. Actually, he needs to relax a lot of bit.
On Thursday the NFL announced a rule change about jersey numbers and how there wouldn’t be such strict restrictions for many different positions.
My pal Mike Sykes broke that down shortly after news was announced:
"Now, defensive backs, running backs, fullbacks, tight ends and wide-receivers are allowed to wear numbers 1 through 49. Linebackers are also allowed to wear 1 through 59. Single-digit numbers are usually reserved for quarterbacks and kickers. Numbers in the teens were only available for wide receivers."
That doesn’t seem like a big deal, right? Let players wear whatever numbers they want to wear and life goes on.
Well, Brady wasn’t a fan of this move and he took to Instagram to blast the NFL for it. In his stories, the 43-year-old GOAT wrote: “Good luck trying to block the right people now! Going to make for a lot of bad football.”
He added on another Instagram story: “DUMB. Why not allow the lineman to wear whatever they want too? Why have numbers? Just have colored jerseys. Why not wear the same number? DUMB.”
Now, I’m a Tom Brady guy. I’m from Boston and I like the New England Patriots. I was also happy to see him win the Super Bowl last season. He’s a great QB who has done so many amazing things in his career.
But come on, GOAT. Yelling on your Instagram stories about some fun rule change is not a good look at all. You don’t need to be so stressed over this, Tom. You have seven rings and a place in history. You should be out enjoying some time in the sun with your family and maybe even a little pizza. Go nuts. You’ve earned it! You just shouldn’t be so concerned about defensive players maybe wearing some different numbers.
Brady is usually very good at social media. Well, whoever is in charge of his social media is very good at social media.
What Brady did on Instagram on Thursday was not good at all. It was a bit embarrassing, to tell the truth.
Hopefully he’ll somehow find a way to get over it.
Quick hits: Latest NFL mock draft… New episode of The Sneak… NHL player scores with his face… And more.
– Henry McKenna’s latest NFL mock draft is out and its full of total chaos involving the Broncos and Justin Fields.
– The latest episode of our true crime podcast “The Sneak” is now available wherever you get your podcasts. This third season of the show is a wild one that you’re going to want to listen to because it’s awesome. Also, go binge the previous seasons. Trust me on this!
– A NHL player scored a painful goal with his face Thursday night and then did the most hockey thing ever.
– Michelle Martinelli breaks down everything we know about Bubba Wallace’s upcoming documentary series on Netflix.
– Tony Romo is playing in pro golf tournament this week and on Thursday he chipped in for a great eagle.
Source: Read Full Article