Fury reveals he plans to take part in a series of exhibition bouts
Tyson Fury reveals he plans to take part in a series of exhibition bouts – with Mike Tyson, Lennox Lewis and Dwayne ‘The Rock’ Johnson on his list of potential opponents – as the Gypsy King is interviewed on TV while sitting on a THRONE
- Tyson Fury detailed his plans for the near future on Good Morning Britain
- The Gypsy King on Tuesday confirmed he will ‘100 per cent’ return to the ring
- Fury is targeting facing the likes of Mike Tyson, Lennox Lewis and Frank Bruno
- He is in talks to fight the winner of Anthony Joshua vs Oleksandr Usyk in December
Tyson Fury has revealed he plans to take on the likes of legendary former boxers Mike Tyson and Lennox Lewis in a series of exhibition bouts in the coming months.
The WBC world heavyweight champion recently confirmed the worst-kept secret in boxing – that he will not be retiring after all – and on Wednesday outlined his plans for the near future.
Sportsmail recently revealed Fury is in negotiations to fight the winner of Anthony Joshua vs Oleksandr Usyk in Saudi Arabia in December for the undisputed world heavyweight title.
Tyson Fury has outlined his future plans after confirming he will not be hanging up his gloves
But the 33-year-old is first eyeing a series of high-profile exhibitions, with even former WWE star and Hollywood actor Dwayne ‘The Rock’ Johnson on his list of potential opponents in an ‘official party tour’ of the UK.
Fury has also talked up a possible exhibition clash with UFC heavyweight champion Francis Ngannou, who is at loggerheads over a new deal with the MMA promotion.
In an appearance on Good Morning Britain, where the Gypsy King was interviewed while sat on a throne at his home in Morecambe, Fury said: ‘This is not professional boxing, this is pure entertainment – Hollywood-style entertainment. That is all it is. Nothing more, nothing less.
Tyson Fury said he was hanging up his gloves after stopping Dillian Whyte at Wembley in April
Fury says the money has to be right for him to come back for a unification fight
‘The difference with the exhibition is you’re not there to win or lose – you’re there to enjoy it, have a good time and to put a show on for the fans.
‘You can fight old timers, famous people or whoever you want. So I am looking at fighting Mike Tyson, Lennox Lewis, Frank Bruno, even someone like Dwayne “The Rock” Johnson, that would be fantastic.
‘You never know who we could be fighting in one of these shows but that is what I am open to in the upcoming future.’
The Gypsy King could become the undisputed heavyweight champion of the world
On Tuesday, Fury completed a dramatic U-turn over his boxing future and confirmed he is ‘100 percent going to fight again’ – if the price is right.
Fury made the decision to hang up his gloves after knocking out Dillian Whyte in front of a packed Wembley crowd in April.
Many were dubious about the credibility of his claim and they have been proven correct, with the Gypsy King already talking up a return to action.
He told Queensberry Promotions: ‘We have some very exciting news coming. I think the world has been waiting for a plan of action.
Mike Tyson (right) is on Fury’s potential list of opponents in an exhibition bout in the near future
Dwayne ‘The Rock’ Johnson is another high-profile star that Fury would like to share the ring with
Lennox Lewis (right) has also been touted as a future exhibition opponent for the Gypsy King
‘Last week we had a nice Italian down in London and a long conversation about lots of stuff.
‘I will be back in the ring 100 per cent, just like in the movie when Jerry Maguire shouted ‘Show Me The Money!’
Saudi Arabia is poised to invest even more extravagantly in the Gypsy King’s return from brief retirement for a spectacular with either Joshua or Usyk, which they regard as ‘the next Rumble In The Jungle.’
Joshua is set to face Usyk in their highly-anticipated rematch on August 20. Usyk beat AJ in September to claim his WBA, IBF, WBO, and IBO belts.
Share this article
Source: Read Full Article