No sign of Neymar's huge New Year's Eve bash in Brazil
No sign of Neymar’s huge New Year’s Eve bash in Brazil as PSG superstar posts pictures of his quiet night in, insisting guests were all ‘social distancing and tested’
- Reports had suggested a 150-guest party would take place at Neymar’s flats
- The Paris Saint-Germain forward denied the claims about the party in Brazil
- He has returned to Brazil but celebrated only with close friends and family
- Everyone present was also tested for Covid-19 with social distancing in place
Neymar showed off the quiet night-in he was having on New Year’s Eve after denying rumours he was going to hold a five-day party for 150 guests in his native Brazil.
Reports had suggested the large-scale event would take place at Neymar’s luxury set of flats around 65km from the country’s capital Brasilia.
But the 28-year-old Paris Saint-Germain star strongly denied the claims – insisting that the party had nothing to do with him, and when New Year’s Eve did come around, he showed through his Instagram stories what he had really got up to with a dinner with family in a serene atmosphere.
Neymar showed off the quiet night-in he was having on New Year’s Eve after denying rumours he was going to hold a five-day party in Brazil
Reports had suggested the large-scale event would take place at Neymar’s luxury set of flats
His collection of stories began with coronavirus tests for him and his son Davi Lucca, before showing off a long table that had been elegantly laid out as well as adhering to social distancing.
Neymar then wrote that he would be welcoming 2021 in with close friends and family, who had all been tested for Covid-19, by his side – and reiterated that 500 people would not be attending.
Translated into English from Portuguese, he said: ‘Marvellous decoration for this beautiful, low-key little dinner at home, with social distancing.’
But the 28-year-old PSG star strongly denied the claims and had nothing to do with him
His stories showed off a table that had been elegantly laid out adhering to social distancing
It was a rather peaceful end to a week which had seen the Brazil forward asked to appear ‘urgently’ before Rio de Janeiro state prosecutors over reports of the 150-guest party.
However, the PSG player’s media officer Day Crespo denied he had been planning to host any such event and his lawyers told AFP: ‘It has nothing to do with Neymar. We have no information about such an event.
Crespo added to Reuters: ‘We are in the middle of a pandemic and he is with his friends and family.’
Neymar then wrote that he would be welcoming 2021 in with close friends and family, who had all been tested for Covid-19- and reiterated that 500 people would not be attending
His collection of stories began with coronavirus tests for him and his son Davi Lucca
After details of the event were revealed in Rio newspaper O Globo last week, the agency organising it said it would be abiding by strict health rules in an effort to prevent the spread of the virus.
Newspapers had also on Saturday said guests had already started arriving at Neymar’s luxury apartment complex, with reports saying that the forward had required all of them to hand over their phones to prevent photos and videos of the event being leaked online.
Brazil has the second-highest number of Covid-19 deaths after the United States, with the pandemic having killed more than 192,000 people in the country.
Neymar was then shown dancing to a song with friends to celebrate the arrival of 2021
Share this article
Source: Read Full Article