Sevenoaks Town face no further action after FA investigation

Sevenoaks Town face no further action and progress to the next round of the FA Cup after FA launched investigation following allegations of racist abuse from the crowd

  • Sevenoaks Town are to face no action from the Football Association after an investigation into their FA Cup match against CB Hounslow United 
  • Sevenoaks were 3-0 up when their match was suspended over alleged racist abuse from a member of the crowd
  • An investigation from the FA concluded they face no action and will progress 

The FA have confirmed Sevenoaks Town will not face any action and go through to the next round after their cup tie was abandoned due to alleged racism from the crowd.

CB Hounslow United refused to reappear for the second half of Saturday’s preliminary round FA Cup match after one of their players reported to the referee four times that he had been abused.

However, following an investigation the FA have decided ‘Sevenoaks Town will not be subject to any disciplinary action.’ 

The FA have concluded an investigation into allegations of racist abuse from the crowd in a cup match between Sevenoaks Town and CB Hounslow United

Isthmian League South East side Sevenoaks were 3-0 up at the break after goals from Kyle De Silva, Tyrell Richardson-Brown and James Bessey-Sakdana before the game was halted. No complaint had been made to Kent Police by Sunday night.

Last season an FA Cup qualifying match between non-League Haringey Borough and Yeovil was called off after racist abuse was aimed at players by the crowd.

Haringey’s players walked off after defender Coby Rowe suffered racist abuse, while goalkeeper Douglas Pajetat was spat at and had objects thrown at him, with Yeovil agreeing not to finish the match in a display of solidarity.

The incident led to five men being arrested.

Sevenoaks Town tweeted that their match was abandoned and an investigation was launched

Share this article

Source: Read Full Article