‘Rushed botch job!’: Fans fuming as Spurs’ stadium crisis hits rock bottom

TOTTENHAM Hotspur have further delayed the opening of their new stadium until at least the New Year as work continues to iron out issues with the “critical safety systems” at their revamped White Hart Lane venue.

The English Premier League club, which finished third in the standings last season, had been scheduled to play their first game at the new 62,000-capacity arena on September 15, but that unveiling was pushed back. It was then delayed for a second time on Friday.

‘THE MOST SPURS THING OF ALL TIME’: BRUTAL STADIUM TROLL BACKFIRES

Tottenham’s new ground has a pitch laid but there is still more infrastructure work to be done on the 61,000 arena.Source:The Sun

PREMIER LEAGUE NEWS

LATE MAIL: LEAGUE’S TOP SCORER IN DOUBT, UTD STAR SIDELINED

PREVIEW: 90 MINS THAT COULD FORCE MAJOR PL SHAKE-UP, ROO EYES FIRST WIN

In a statement on its website, the London club blamed “factors completely outside of our control, contractors missing deadlines and possible future unforeseen issues” for the latest delay.

Spurs will not now host a game at their new home until January 13 at the earliest, when they are due to face Manchester United in the Premier League. For now, they will continue to stage their home games at Wembley Stadium.

“We are conscious of the need to keep pressure on our contractors to deliver as soon as possible,” club chairman Daniel Levy said in a statement.

ROO NEWS : THE CRUCIAL DEVELOPMENT ‘GAP’ HOLDING BACK FUTURE SOCCEROOS

Spurs’ new arena is still behind schedule, and won’t be in use until 2019Source:The Sun

RUMOUR MILL: UNITED SUPERSTAR SET TO LEAVE FOR FREE

“We have taken the decision to confirm today that all home games will be played at Wembley Stadium up to and including the game against Wolverhampton Wanderers on 29 December.

“We know the continued delay is a source of immense disappointment to everyone and I can only continue to apologise for this – it is a sentiment felt by all of us.”

In August, Tottenham said testing had shown up issues with the safety system.

“We have not stood still whilst work on the critical safety systems has been happening,” Levy said on Friday.

A-LEAGUE NEWS

REVEALED: WHY REFEREE DIDN’T TAKE SECOND LOOK AT CLUTCH NON-PENALTY CALL

PEN OR NO PEN? CONTROVERSIAL LATE CALL SPARKS SPOTFIRE IN FEISTY DRAW

MATCH REPORT: CONTROVERSY AS REDS BATTLE FOR DRAW

GREATNESS: ROAR GREAT MAKES 250TH

Tottenham will remain at Wembley till 2019.Source:The Sun

Complete rush botch job…… basic rules of under promise and over deliver should have applied.Would you like a DVD of how you managed to Sp*rs it up! In true Sp*rs fashion……..Tottenham matches to be played at Wembley until end of year https://t.co/buT6KWPQvz

Tottenham confirm all home games will be played at Wembley Stadium for the remainder of 2018

Bollocks, just absolute bollocks. #COYS #THFC pic.twitter.com/R4zxQh8rt2

Originally published as ‘Rushed botch job!’: Fans fuming as Spurs’ stadium crisis hits rock bottom

Source: Read Full Article