Man United face nervous wait over Alex Telles amid Covid-19 reports
Manchester United facing nervous wait over Alex Telles as they say he HASN’T necessarily contracted Covid again despite testing positive for a second time – with Luke Shaw already out injured
- Manchester United will assess Alex Telles upon his return to England this week
- Reports in Brazil suggest the new signing has tested positive for Covid-19 again
- However, United say he has not necessarily contracted the virus a second time
- Ole Gunnar Solskjaer is in need of a fit left back after the injury of Luke Shaw
Manchester United will assess Alex Telles upon his return to England after reports in Brazil suggested the new signing has tested positive for coronavirus for a second time.
The 27-year-old was sidelined in October after contracting the virus shortly after his arrival from Porto, and missed four games as a result.
Telles’ only appearance for the club came in the 2-1 win over Paris Saint-Germain last month in the Champions League.
Manchester United will assess Alex Telles once the full back returns to England from Brazil
Reports in Brazil suggest the 27-year-old has tested positive for coronavirus for a second time
And United have sought to clarify Telles’ health status after reports in Brazil suggested the full back had tested positive for the disease while away on international duty.
The Red Devils have said in an official statement that Telles’ positive test does not necessarily mean he has contracted the virus again, as the defender looks set to miss Brazil’s clash with Uruguay on Tuesday night.
The club’s medical staff are monitoring the situation closely, and will make an assessment of the 27-year-old when he returns to the Aon Training Complex later this week.
However United have said that Telles has not necessarily contracted the virus again
Ole Gunnar Solksjaer will hope Telles is available ahead of a busy run of fixtures after the break
Telles’ absence would prove a blow to Ole Gunnar Solskjaer, whose squad have been hit by injuries before the international break.
Left back Luke Shaw picked up a knock in the 3-1 win over Everton at Goodison Park, while Marcus Rashford appeared to hurt his back during the victory.
Solskjaer bemoaned the heavy fixture pile up and blasted football authorities for what he deemed as unfair scheduling, saying his side had been ‘set up to fail’ as a result.
United are missing Luke Shaw after the full back picked up a knock against Everton
‘They set up the boys to fail,’ the United boss said after the much-needed win. ‘We have got Luke Shaw injured because we have played loads of games this season already, been to Turkey on Wednesday, got back at 4am on Thursday and we are playing a lunchtime kick-off on Saturday.
‘It is an absolute shambles and I cannot praise the boys enough for the character they have shown. That is all I want to talk about. Those boys deserve better than being thrown out here to fail today. The authorities set us up to fail.’
United host West Bromwich Albion on Saturday before taking on Istanbul Basaksehir in the Champions League next Tuesday.
Share this article
Source: Read Full Article