Antonio Conte’s agent denies contact with Real Madrid
‘He has not received any call from Real Madrid’: Antonio Conte’s agent denies contact with Spanish giants as they consider Julen Lopetegui’s future
- Real Madrid manager Julen Lopetegui is under pressure to keep his job
- Los Blancos were winless in five games before victory on Tuesday night
- Antonio Conte is the frontrunner to replace Lopetegui should he be sacked
- However, the Italian’s agent and brother has denied contact from the club
Antonio Conte has had no contact with Real Madrid despite the future of current boss Julen Lopetegui hanging in the balance, the Italian’s agent has claimed.
Conte is a frontrunner to replace Lopetegui, who is enduring a woeful start to life in the Bernabeu hot-seat, after leaving Chelsea earlier this year.
Los Blancos went five games without a win, losing four, before picking up three points against Viktoria Plzen in the Champions League on Tuesday.
Antonio Conte has had no contact with Real Madrid, his agent and brother has claimed
The future of current Bernabeu boss Julen Lopetegui is hanging in the balance
And with El Clasico looming on Sunday, Lopetegui’s job isn’t going to get easier any time soon.
Should Real’s top brass decide to pull the plug on Lopetegui’s time at the La Liga giants, however, Conte’s brother, who is also his agent, has said they have not formally lined up the former Juventus boss to replace him.
‘Antonio is on vacation, he has not received any call from Real Madrid,’ Daniele Conte told Cadena SER.
‘Real Madrid are a great team, although there has been no contact.’
Lopetegui had guided Real to no wins in five games before Tuesday’s European victory
The Spanish giants would be forced to pay Lopetegui almost £16million should they decide to sack him.
Sport report that Lopetegui is on a contract worth £5.3m which runs until the summer of 2021. The club have guaranteed that the Spaniard will receive £15.8m of that amount in any circumstances.
Michael Laudrup, Laurent Blanc, Santiago Solari and Guti are in the running with Conte to take the reins at the Bernabeu.
Source: Read Full Article