LaMelo Ball’s reason for why he should be the No. 1 overall pick is silly, but fun
This is the Morning Win, by Andy Nesbitt.
The 2020 NBA Draft is tonight, which is a little insane because this thing totally snuck up on me. I don't think I'm alone with that feeling, though, as it is November after all and this entire year has been a total blur.
But here were are and here is my friend Charles Curtis' mock draft to get you ready for tonight's drama.
Charles, like a lot of people, doesn't have LaMelo Ball going No. 1 overall to the Minnesota Timberwolves. Instead, he has him gong No. 2 to the Golden State Warriors, which would be a fun thing to watch.
LaMelo, whose brother Lonzo went No. 2 to the Lakers in the 2017 NBA Draft, explained to reporters on Tuesday about why he thinks he should be the No. 1 overall pick:
"I feel like I'm just the right man for it. Like I said, I feel like I'm born for this whole thing going on, so that's pretty much my answer right there."
Now that's a little silly, and a good silly at that. I totally support his confidence in himself and his feelings on where he should be picked in the draft. I wish I had that confidence!
It also makes me chuckle imagining myself talking about a job I'm going after and saying to someone: "I feel like I'm just the right man for it. Like I said, I feel like I'm born for this whole thing going on, so that's pretty much my answer right there."
I would have to think the person I said that to would burst out laughing. I sure hope they would, because it's a pretty goofy thing to say.
"This whole thing going on" is probably my favorite part of that quote, followed closely by "so that's pretty much my answer."
Just tremendous stuff.
The Ball family has never been one to shy away from expressing their self-confidence. While things haven't worked out the way LaVar Ball thought they would for Lonzo thus far in his NBA career, all signs point to LaMelo being a star in the NBA.
In order to make that happen, he has to have a lot of confidence in himself. He has to believe he was born for that job.
And hey, maybe he was!
Quick hits: Russell Wilson and Ciara selling their smell… Why Wizards shouldn't get Westbrook… NFL power rankings.
AP (Photo: AP)
– Nate Scott takes a fun look at how Russell Wilson and Ciara are creating fragrances that smell like their love for each other. That's a weird thing I never thought I would type.
– Mike Sykes is a big Washington Wizards fan and has five reasons why that franchise shouldn't trade for Russell Westbrook.
– Henry McKenna's latest NFL power rankings are out and he thinks the Arizona Cardinals are elite.
– Steven Ruiz breaks down 11 NFL teams that should be looking for a new QB in 2021, including the Pittsburgh Steelers.
– Nick Schwartz has 5 thoughts about the Playstation 5 exclusive game, Godfall.
Source: Read Full Article