New York Guardians at DC Defenders odds, picks and best bets
The New York Guardians (1-0) will take on the DC Defenders (1-0) Saturday of Week 2 in the XFL. Kickoff is set for 2 p.m. ET at Audi Field. Below, we breakdown the Guardians-Defenders Week 2 matchup, with XFL betting picks and tips.
Guardians at Defenders – Week 2 preview, betting trends and notes
- Despite being out-gained 394 yards to 226, the Guardians were able come away with a 23-3 win after taking an early 17-point lead over the Tampa Bay Vipers last Sunday.
- Defenders QB Cardale Jones completed 16 of 26 passes for 235 yards and two touchdowns in Week 1. He finished the game with a passer rating of 116.7.
- Despite their 20-point win last week, the Guardians had just 11 first downs. They ran 45 total plays and averaged only five yards per play.
Get some action on this XFL matchup or other games by betting at BetMGM. New customer offer: RISK-FREE First Bet (up to $500!) paid in free bets; visit BetMGM for terms and conditions. Bet now!
Guardians at Defenders: Key injuries
- OL Garrett Brumfield (head) out
- OL Ian Silberman (thigh) out
- DB Dravon Askew-Henry (shoulder) probable
- DT Cavon Walker (ankle) probable
- DT Kalani Vakameilalo (ankle) questionable
- LB AJ Tarpley (hand) questionable
- G Malcolm Bunche (shoulder) probable
- WR Simmie Cobbs (flank) probable
- WR Malachi Dupre (thigh) probable
- CB Desmond Lawrence (shoulder) probable
- S Shamrko Thomas (thigh) probable
- WR DeAndre Thompkins (foot) probable
- LB Scooby Wright (knee) probable
Guardians at Defenders: Odds, betting lines and prediction
Odds via BetMGM; access USA TODAY Sports’ betting odds for a full list. Lines last updated at 2:15 p.m. ET.
Defenders 27, Guardians 23
Moneyline ( ?)
The Defenders (-278) are heavy favorites at home over the Guardians (+220) Saturday afternoon. After a convincing Week 1 win over the Seattle Dragons, the Defenders are proving to be one of the best teams in the XFL. With a proven quarterback and several former NFL receivers, expect the Defenders to win their second-straight game over the Guardians.
PASS on these low moneyline odds and look for better value on the spread.
Against the Spread ( ?)
The Defenders (-6.5, -110) open this game as a touchdown favorite over the GUARDIANS (+6.5, -110). While the Defenders scored 31 points in the opening contest of the season, the Guardians allowed just three as they forced two interceptions against former Georgia standout QB Aaron Murray. While I expect the Defenders to win this game, don’t be surprised if the Guardians keep this close and cover the spread.
Over/Under ( ?)
The total for this Week 2 XFL matchup is set at 47.5 points, which feels about right. In Week 1, far too many of the Over/Unders were set too high as the offenses are still working on getting in sync with one another. This game will feature two of the better quarterbacks in the league and that should help the OVER 47.5 (-106) to hit in Washington, DC.
Want action on this game? Sign up and bet at BetMGM. If you’re looking for more sports betting picks and tips, visit SportsbookWire.com.
Follow @SportsbookWire on Twitter.
Gannett may earn revenue from audience referrals to betting services. Newsrooms are independent of this relationship, and there is no influence on news coverage.
This new video of Patrick Mahomes calling his shot on pivotal Super Bowl play is so fascinating
The NFL ‘Bad Lip Reading’ video is back and it’s better than ever
XFL rules: Explaining all the rule differences between the XFL and NFL
XFL Week 1 schedule: Start times, TV channels, how to stream
‘The Masked Singer’ is barely trying to hide Rob Gronkowski
Source: Read Full Article