Manny Pacquiao’s adviser explains Amir Khan fight mix-up

Manny Pacquiao's adviser has cleared up the confusion surround a possible fight with Amir Khan.

The Brit announced last month that he and Pacquiao had signed a deal to fight in Saudi Arabia in November.

The Filipino was taken by surprise by the news and played down the chances of the bout happening.

And Sean Gibbons told World Boxing News : "All I can tell you is I saw Amir Khan himself come out and tell people that was not true, there was a mistake.

"He was represented by some people that were with him that said there were contracts in place. There was nothing ever in place. That didn’t come from me, that came directly from Amir Khan.

"He put out there was a statement that there were contracts and then about four days later he put out a statement saying, ‘oh I’m sorry, people around me said there was stuff but there wasn’t’.

"I like Amir Khan, he’s a great guy, wonderful guy but no there’s nothing out there right now."

Pacquiao impressed against Keith Thurman in July, knocking down the world champion in the first round before earning a split-decision victory.

A week earlier, Khan had knocked out late-replacement opponent Billy Dib in the desert.

He said at the time: "The next fight is going to be back in Saudi Arabia again, Riyadh this time. It’s going to be November 8.

"Hopefully it could be the Manny Pacquiao fight. We have both signed that the fight is done. Hopefully, he gets past his fight (vs Keith Thurman) this weekend."

Source: Read Full Article